Peer Support Specialist/Recovery Coach Job Announcement
Posted 6/16/21 (Wed)
Heartview Foundation is seeking Peer Support Specialists/Recovery Coaches who support others in recovery from a substance abuse disorder. The Peer Support Specialist/Recovery Coach will serve as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to help prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery. The Peer Support Specialist/Recovery Coach will promote an approach to care that emphasizes hope and education on community resources to aid members’ recovery from substance abuse disorder and the navigation of life. The Peer Support Specialist/Recovery Coach must be willing to engage in special projects to help grow the program.
- A high school or equivalency diploma
- Certification from the state of ND’s Peer Support Specialist curriculum
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a registered car
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one year continuous abstinence
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Qualifications and Skills
- Individual with lived experience who possesses strong personal skills and professional peer support skills to self-disclose in a manner that is trauma sensitive for the purpose of promoting recovery and wellness for persons served
- Open to medication assisted treatment and harm reduction concepts
- Strong listening, oral and presentation (communication) skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to honor peer support specialist / recovery coaching ethics and confidentiality
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect with those resources
If interested, please contact Cathy Palczewski with at 751-5797.
If you would like more information about News, please contact us.