Heartview offers Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD)/Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) that is fully integrated into our comprehensive, holistic treatment program. Patients will receive supervised medication administration in conjunction with an array of treatment and support services from a highly trained team of professionals.
Medications used at Heartview:
- Methadone- Opioids (Bismarck only)
- Methadone is a safe and effective medication which blocks withdrawal symptoms and cravings. People utilizing methadone in their recovery function completely normally and can reclaim their lives. Methadone is one part of a comprehensive treatment plan and can be utilized as long as the patient needs, under correct supervision, there is no need to “wean” off methadone.
- Bismarck OTP Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday- 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday-Sunday- 7 to 9 a.m.
- Buprenorphine- Opioids
- Buprenorphine (also known as Subutex, Suboxone, Zubsolv, and Sublocade) can be used during both the detoxification and maintenance phases of treatment. The medication eliminates cravings and helps subside opioid withdrawal symptoms.
- Naltrexone- Opioids and alcohol
- Naltrexone is a treatment proven to prevent relapse which comes in two forms, an oral pill for daily use and a once-per-month injection (Vivitrol).
- Antabuse- Alcohol
- Antabuse is an oral medication taken daily to deter alcohol use by causing a negative physical reaction if alcohol is ingested.
All of these medications are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in the treatment of substance use disorders. Our medical team can find the one best suited to your individual needs.